BEST WESTERN PLUS Sterling Inn
34911 Van Dyke Avenue, Sterling Heights, MI 48312-4662
Phone: 586/979-1400 | Fax: 586/979-0430 | 246 Rooms | Online Reservations
There are many hotels in Sterling Heights, MI, but only one delivers impeccable service and quality with a great price.
Hotels in Warren, Utica, Shelby Township, Clinton Township, Troy, Madison Heights & Detroit, Michigan strive to offer the service that's standard at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Sterling Inn. Our accommodations are a prime destination for special events, meetings, conventions, wedding receptions, bridal showers, baby showers and family reunions. We also specialize in rehearsal dinners, conferences, associations, bereavements, class reunions, fundraisers, Christmas parties, sporting events & religious, social, educational & fraternal events.
Close to Liberty Park, Troy Sports Center, Great Lakes Ice Arena, Onyx, St Clair Shores Ice Arena, and USSSA. World class shopping can be found as well; The Somerset Collection, Lakeside Mall, Oakland Mall, Great Lakes Crossing and the Mall at Partridge Creek.
Our indoor water park welcomes guests in town for Cobo Hall Conventions, Detroit Tigers, Detroit Lions and Detroit Pistons games, Woodward Dream Cruise and the Detroit International Auto Show. The hotel is centrally located in the Macomb County government defense corridor, which runs along Van Dyke Avenue and Mound Road. Business travelers from BAE, General Dynamics, Chrysler® Sterling Stamping and Assembly, Honeywell, Boeing, Raytheon, Navistar® Defense, Faurecia, DuPont®, Key Safety Systems, Ford® Motor Company, General Motors, SPX®, Tacom, Tardec, Kuka Systems Robotics North America, Lockheed Martin, Magna, ManTech International Corporation®, Northrop Grumman, Oshkosh Defense, PPG, Textron, Timken, State of Michigan, Federal Government & Selfridges enjoy the business amenities at this Sterling Heights hotel.
Don't miss out on Grand Prix, concerts at DTE Energy® Music Theater, the Palace of Auburn Hills or Sterlingfest. Summer Discovery Cruises & River Days are also great!
Reserve your room at BEST WESTERN PLUS Sterling Inn today!
Water park is now open Wednesday at 3pm until Sunday. Please call for hours. 4 water park passes come with a room except for a room that is booked for a single queen. You may purchase 1 extra park at $15. Please call hotel for birthday parties.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Water Park Admission included for the number of Registered Guests only.
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Cocktail lounge
- Breakfast, nominal fee
- Hot tub, two large whirlpools
- Indoor pool Heated 32,000 sq. ft. indoor water park featuring a 5,000 sq. ft. zero entry swimming pool with lifeguards, 110 ft. water slide, lazy river, Vortex and an Interactive Splash Play Park for small children.
- Gift shop or newsstand, 24 hours
- Guest laundry
- Poolside services, snack bar with full bar service
- Exercise facility 24 Hour
- Universal Gym
- Stair stepper
- Stationary bike
- Weight lifting equipment
- Jogging track, indoor running track
- Locker rooms
- Game room video game arcade and ticket redemption center
- 24-hour front desk
- Safe deposit box
- Free parking
- Meeting facilities, main ballroom can be divided into 13 separate rooms. Additional break out rooms available.
- Fax services
- Photocopy services
- Banquet facities, 15,905 square foot Grand Ballroom seating up to 1,400
- Business center
- Third largest hotel ballroom in Metropolitan Detroit
- 10,000 square-foot main lobby and pre-function area
- Ballroom, 15,905 square foot Grand Ballroom seating up to 1,400
- Ceiling heights up to 14 feet
- Audio/visual equipment
- Automobile display capabilities
- T-1 high-speed Internet access in all meeting rooms
- Interior/Exterior corridor
- Conference facilities, configurable on demand
- Children's activities Interactive Splash Play Park inside indoor water park
- Mail services
- Wedding services
- 5,000 square foot zero entry swimming pool, ADA compliant
- Three-story waterslide
- Dry cleaning
- Michigan's only hotel with 100% stand-by electrical power
- 24-hour security
BEST WESTERN PLUS Sterling Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus sterling inn in Sterling Heights.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Sterling Inn
Conveniently located, the best western plus sterling inn in Sterling Heights, Michigan is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 42.550315 / Latitude: -83.030225
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The north. Take Interstate 75 South to State Highway 59 (Hall Road). Take Van Dyke Avenue Exit. Go south on Van Dyke Avenue for five miles. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Sterling Inn is located on the southwest corner of Van Dyke Avenue and 15 Mile Road.
From: The south. Take Interstate 75 North to Interstate 696 East. Take Van Dyke Avenue Exit. Go north on Van Dyke Avenue for four miles. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Sterling Inn is located on the southwest corner of Van Dyke Avenue at 15 Mile Road.
From: The East. Take State Highway 59 West (Hall Road) to Van Dyke Avenue. Go south on Van Dyke Avenue for five miles. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Sterling Inn is located on the southwest corner of Van Dyke Avenue and 15 Mile Road.
From: The west. Take Interstate 94 East to Interstate 75. Go north to Interstate 696 and then east to the Van Dyke Avenue exit. Go north on Van Dyke Avenue for four miles. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Sterling Inn is located on the southwest corner of Van Dyke Avenue at 15 Mile Road.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Sterling Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Opened in August 2002, Ford Field is home to the Detroit Lions of the NFL. Seating more than 65,000 fans, Ford Field hosted Super Bowl XL in 2006, and has been the home of the MAC Championship game since 2004.
Fans travel in from all over Detroit to catch a Lions game during the fall – from as far north as Sterling Heights, to western Detroit suburbs like Allen Park, and Romulus. Aside from sporting events, Ford Field has hosted major musical performances from acts like Taylor Swift, and Kid Rock, a Michigan native.
The Gospel Music Hall of Fame was founded in 1995 by David Gough, in Detroit, a.k.a. Motown. Gough, the "Mayor of Gospel", wanted to preserve Gospel music and provide a means to educate the public on its importance. His deep commitment to Gospel music continues each year as new Gospel legends are inducted into the Hall of Fame.
Other must-see Detroit attractions include the Motown Historical Museum, the Detroit Institute of Arts and The Henry Ford. With several Detroit area Best Western hotels to choose from, comfortable accommodations are easy to find. Have fun in Detroit - "the Motor City".
Home to the legendary NHL franchise Detroit Red Wings, Joe Louis Arena is one of the most iconic structures in Detroit. Opened in 1979, The Joe has seen championships, records broken, and plenty of squid on the ice – a famous display of appreciation from fans as they toss a squid onto the ice from the crowd when one of the Red Wings scores a hat trick.
Make the trip into downtown Detroit from nearby cities like Allen Park or Woodhaven during the fall and into the spring for all the exciting action of Red Wings hockey. The Joe seats nearly 21,000 fans during hockey games, and can be extended to nearly 22,000 for concerts.
Oakland University, located near Sterling Heights, is one of Michigan's top rated universities. Enrolling over 20,000 students, the university offers over 130 bachelor's degrees and 127 graduate programs. The university is also celebrated for its research centers - some of the more notable research programs include biomedical research, early childhood education, robotics and advanced automation, and collaborative computing.
Its campus is heavily immersed in culture and the arts - the signature Meadow Brooks Hall, a Tudor-style mansion, features large collections of art and furniture, and a center ballroom. Students also cheer on the black and gold Golden Grizzlies sports teams, which include baseball, basketball, golf, soccer, and track and field. The school is located in the Detroit metro area.
First opened in 1988, The Palace of Auburn Hills has been a landmark of entertainment in the Detroit metro area. Home to the professional sports, and the stage for many live musical performances, The Palace of Auburn Hills is set in the Auburn Hills, a fine city just minutes from nearby Sterling Heights, and Roseville – it's also a short drive from downtown Detroit.
Throughout the year, The Palace, as it's commonly known, features exciting sports action. Visit during the fall and check out the Detroit Pistons as they battle their way through the rest of the NBA.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 8 mile(s) from Detroit Zoo
- 13 mile(s) from Detroit Institute of Arts
- 13 mile(s) from Detroit Historical Museum
- 13 mile(s) from Motown Historical Museum
- 13 mile(s) from Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History
- 14 mile(s) from Fox Theater
- 14 mile(s) from Masonic Temple
- 15 mile(s) from Joe Louis Arena
- 15 mile(s) from Pontiac Silverdome
- 18 mile(s) from Tunnel to Canada
- 20 mile(s) from Henry Ford Museum/Greenfield Village
- 4 mile(s) from Oakland Mall
- 5 mile(s) from Lakeside Mall
- 8 mile(s) from Somerset Collection
- 17 mile(s) from Great Lakes Crossing
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 15 mile(s) from Detroit
- 1 mile(s) from Daimler-Chrysler, Assembly Plant
- 15 mile(s) from Cobo Hall, meeting and convention center
- 1.5 mile(s) from BAE Systems, 35843 Mound Road
- 1.5 mile(s) from General Dynamics, Land Systems Headquarters
- 2 mile(s) from General Motors, Technical Center
- 3 mile(s) from TACOM, Warren Tank Command
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 1 mile(s) from Maple Lane Golf Club
- 11 mile(s) from Metro Beach Metro Park
- 12 mile(s) from Glacier Club
- 15 mile(s) from Comerica Park, home of the Detroit Tigers
- 15 mile(s) from MotorCity
- 15 mile(s) from MGM Grand
- 15 mile(s) from Greektown Casinos
- 15 mile(s) from Ford Field, Home of the Detroit Lions
- 15 mile(s) from Palace of Auburn Hills, Home of the Detroit Pistons
- 16 mile(s) from Greystone Golf Club
- 20 mile(s) from Casino Windsor
- Choose from a wide selection of restaurants near this Sterling Heights, Michigan hotel
- Loon River Café Restaurant, on premises, American
BEST WESTERN PLUS Sterling Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Sterling Heights. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Sterlingfest Enjoy the sun as you view unique arts and crafts at the City Center Campus in Sterling Heights.
Jimmy Buffett Comerica Park in Detroit fills with Parrotheads as they gather for this fun concert and beach party. The party begins at noon.
Detroit Jazz Festival Jazz music fills the air in Downtown Detroit. Event times vary.
World Tournament of Historic Baseball Catch a historic baseball game at Greenfield Village in Dearborn. Check for first pitch times.
Detroit Jazz Festival Several stages of music and entertainment fill the space between Hart Plaza and Campus Martius Park in Downtown Detroit for this energetic festival. Times vary per day.
Tony Bennett The famous singer takes the stage at the Freedom Hill Amphitheater. The show begins at 7 p.m.
DlectriCITY Midtown Detroit is bathed in a sea of light and art as artists use their surroundings to make and display their art. Check for starting times.
Evil Dead: The Musical It’s a classic tale of ancient evil rising from the great beyond as the main character fights for his life, all while singing of course. Show times at the City Theatre in Detroit vary.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean