BEST WESTERN Pioneer Inn & Suites
2635 Ludington Street, Escanaba, MI 49829-1332
Phone: 906/786-0602 | Fax: 906/786-3938 | 84 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 1:00 PM | Online Reservations
Delta County is home to countless options for outdoor recreation, from the excitement of the Great Lakes to the endless hiking trails, all a short drive from our Escanaba hotel.
Lake Michigan is minutes away, but there’s more to the neighborhood than water recreation alone. Enjoy Pacinos Food & Spirits, an Italian-inspired cuisine and steakhouse restaurant known for blending local flavor with innovative twists. Your Escanaba hotel is centrally located in Upper Michigan and features an indoor heated swimming pool along with spa and fireplace suites. Whether you come for the great dining or to tour Mackinac Island and Mackinac Bridge, staying in a gorgeous guest room can take the vacation up a notch.
Visit Tahquamenon Falls for an unparalleled view or head to the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore to instill some adventure or romance into the trip. The Sand Point Lighthouse is a must for any visitor, whether you’re here for business with the Verso® Paper Company or in town for a wedding or other celebration. Employees of Engineered Machine Products and OSF® St. Francis Medical Center depend on our Escanaba hotel to be a home away from home for extended stays, and we specialize in treating each guest like family.
With the Bay De Noc Community College nearby, we welcome a number of academics to the property year-round. We offer a variety of room types and features to provide the perfect solution to a restful night’s sleep for business travelers, tourists, sportsmen, families traveling with children and senior citizens. Whether you’re here for a night or a few months, rest assured that with our luscious pillow top mattresses and spacious guest rooms, your time here will be comfortable and peaceful.
Our famous hospitality and staff members who double as local ambassadors make your stay at this Escanaba hotel special.
Book your room at the BEST WESTERN Pioneer Inn & Suites for a trip like no other!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- 100% Smoke free hotel
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt, juice and coffee.
- Restaurant on-site Pacinos Food & Spirits restaurant serves Italian inspired cuisine, new American fare, and steakhouse cuts of beef and features a full cocktail bar. Pacinos Pub features Michigan crafted beers, specialty cocktails and pizza at the bar.
- Cocktail lounge, Pacinos Food & Spirits restaurant serves Italian inspired cuisine, new American fare, and steakhouse cuts of beef and features a full cocktail bar. Pacinos Pub features Michigan crafted beers, specialty cocktails, and pizza at the bar.
- Airport courtesy shuttle, available 24 hours, to the airport
- Indoor pool, heated, prepare to relax and unwind in our 30 foot long indoor heated swimming pool with depths up to 8 feet, great for a leisurely swim or doing laps.
- Free parking
- Meeting facilities
- Banquet facilities
- Photocopy services
- Parking for the physically challenged, mobility accessible signs
- Express check in, upon request
- Express check out, upon request
- Late check out, our property will provide a late checkout time as long as it is available and is requested by guest PRIOR to check-out date
- Children's activities, Indoor heated swimming pool
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless Internet access; Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Mail services, U.S.P.S.
- Interior corridor
- Cold weather hook-ups
- Ice/vending machines, first floor only
- Cable or satellite television, free cable TV and a brand new flat screen TV in every room.
- Pacino's Food & Spirit's dining room
- Pacino's Pub Lounge - located on lower level
BEST WESTERN Pioneer Inn & Suites
Take advantage of the savings and fun with these 2 package deals available at the best western pioneer inn & suites in Escanaba.
Romantic Getaway Package 1 Night
Join us at the BEST WESTERN Pioneer Inn & Suites for our Romantic Getaway Package. This package consists of a fireplace whirlpool suite, dinner for two in our wonderful restaurant, a bottle of champagne and an assorted cheese, sausage and fruit platter in the room. Also rose petals and candles will be placed throughout the room. We offer a full hot breakfast and a 1:00 p.m. check-out. Casino package and shuttle are also available.
BEST WESTERN Pioneer Inn & Suites
Conveniently located, the best western pioneer inn & suites in Escanaba, Michigan is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 45.745145 / Latitude: -87.088195
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The north Take Hwy M-35 south to Escanaba US 2 & 41 and Hwy M-35 IN downtown Escanaba, follow US 2 & 41 west to the BEST WESTERN Pioneer Inn & Suites.
From: The south Follow Highway M-35 north until you reach the intersection of Highway M-35 and US 2 & 41. Take a left onto US 2 & 41 West to the BEST WESTERN Pioneer Inn & Suites.
From: The west Follow US 2 & 41 east towards Escanaba to the BEST WESTERN Pioneer Inn & Suites.
BEST WESTERN Pioneer Inn & Suites
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
More Area Attractions & Services
- .03 mile(s) from Family Fun Park, go-carts, mini-golf, basketball, batting cages, bumper boats
- .03 mile(s) from Delta Plaza Mall, local shopping center featuring several unique local stores and chain stores
- .03 mile(s) from Willow Creek Cinema, 8 different movie theaters in one building
- 2.5 mile(s) from Sand Point Lighthouse, Fully restored, furnished and is complete with a fresnel fourth class lens still residing at the top of the tower.
- 2.5 mile(s) from Ludington Park, tennis, basketball, volleyball, baseball, swimming, fishing, boating, large kids playground, soccer, picnic tables, large open areas
- 3 mile(s) from Escanaba Country Club, 18 hole golf course
- 7 mile(s) from Highland Golf Club, 18 hole golf course
- 8 mile(s) from Terrace Bluff Golf Course, 18 hole golf course and driving range
- 10 mile(s) from Irish Oaks Golf Course, 18 hole golf course and driving range
- 13 mile(s) from Island Resort & Casino, Casino featuring tables, slots, and concert showroom
- 40 mile(s) from Peninsula Point Lighthouse, Climb the steps of the 40 foot lighthouse and gaze at the panorama view of Lake Michigan.
- 45 mile(s) from Iron Mountain Mine, Travel 2,600 feet through drifts and tunnels to 400 feet below the earths surface-Only underground iron mine tour in Michigan.
- 50 mile(s) from Fayette Historic Townsite, Historic "ghost" town. Includes a modern visitor center, 20 historic buildings including the furnace complex, town hall, hotel, company office and workers' homes, museum exhibits, outdoor walking tour and scenic overlooks. Scheduled guided tours available. Camping, picnicking, and swimming available in the park.
- 51.03 mile(s) from De Young Family Zoo, "Hands-on" family zoo featuring several "exotic" animals. Children are able to actually hold and feed the baby animals. Fun for whole family.
- 60 mile(s) from Glass Bottom Shipwreck, Discover the mystery of Lake Superior Shipwrecks - in the safety and comfort of specially designed glass-bottom boats! In addition to 19th century shipwrecks, scenic rock formations and a historic lighthouse, passengers may spot bear cubs, coyote and other wildlife while on their excursion.
- 60 mile(s) from Pictured Rocks Cruises, 21/2 - 3 hour cruise along Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. The 37 mile adventure passes points such as Lovers Leap, Grand Portal, Miners Castle, Indian Head, just to name a few, and are described with legend and lore by your captain.
- 140 mile(s) from Tahquamenon Falls, The Toonerville Trolley, a narrow gauge railroad takes you 5.5 miles through thick forest, the habitat of bear, deer, and other wild animals and birds. Your first view of the beautiful Tahquamenon River is at Hunters Mill, the end of the trolley line where a riverboat is boarded for a 21 mile cruise down the river to the upper Tahquemenon Falls.
- 148 mile(s) from Mackinac Bridge/ Island, The world's most beautiful suspension bridge. The Mackinac Bridge connecting Michigan's upper and lower peninsula's, constructed in 1957, is 5 miles long and 600 feet tall. Step back in time and enjoy life without motorized vehicles. Horse drawn carriage tours and bicycles are the mode of transportation. Three ferry boat companies depart Mackinaw City for the 15 minute trip to Mackinac Island every 1/2 hour druing the summer season and every hour during the off season.
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 9 mile(s) from Gladstone, Michigan There are 7.72 mi between Escanaba and Gladstone and there are 9.28 mi by road.
- 12 mile(s) from Bark River, Michigan There are 11.85 mi between Escanaba and Bark River and there are 12.11 mi by road.
- 14 mile(s) from Harris, Michigan There are 13.8 miles between Escanaba and the Island Resort & Casino and there are 14.6 mi by road.
- 53 mile(s) from Iron Mountain, Michigan There are 48.59 mi between Escanaba and Iron Mountain and there are 52.36 mi by road.
- 54 mile(s) from Fayette, Michigan There are 20.44 mi between Escanaba and Fayette Historic State Park and there are 53.92 mi by road.
- 54 mile(s) from Manistique, Michigan There are 42.08 mi between Escanaba and Manistique and there are 54.37 mi by road.
- 55 mile(s) from Menominee, Michigan There are 51.54 mi between Escanaba and Menominee and there are 54.85 mi by road.
- 63 mile(s) from Munising, Michigan There are 50.21 mi between Escanaba and Munising and there are 62.99 mi by road.
- 67 mile(s) from Marquette, Michigan There are 57.72 mi between Escanaba and Marquette and there are 67.01 mi by road.
- 111 mile(s) from Green Bay, Wisconsin There are 96.77 mi between Escanaba and Green Bay and there are 110.28 mi by road.
- 118 mile(s) from Mackinac Island, Michigan There are 117.81 mi between Escanaba and Mackinac Island.
- 137 mile(s) from Tahquamenon Falls, Michigan There are 103.89 mi between Escanaba and Tahquamenon Falls and there are 137.26 mi by road.
- 174 mile(s) from Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan There are 140.31 mi between Escanaba and Sault Ste. Marie and there are 173.99 mi by road.
- 160 mile(s) from Houghton, Michigan There are 119.17 mi between Escanaba and Houghton and there are 159.20 mi by road.
- 227 mile(s) from Milwaukee, Wisconsin There are 191.77 mi between Escanaba and Milwaukee and there are 227.02 mi by road.
- 317 mile(s) from Chicago, Illinois There are 268.97 mi between Escanaba and Chicago and there are 317.06 mi by road.
- 370 mile(s) from Minneapolis, Minnesota There are 305.91 mi between Escanaba and Minneapolis and there are 369.62 mi by road.
- 435 mile(s) from Detroit, Michigan There are 309.26 mi between Escanaba and Detroit and there are 435.09 mi by road.
- 5 mile(s) from Verso Paper Corporation, Verso Paper Corporation is a leading North American producer of coated papers, including coated groundwood and coated freesheet, and specialty products. Verso's paper products are used primarily in media and marketing applications, including magazines, catalogs and commercial printing applications such as high-end advertising brochures, annual reports and direct mail advertising.
- 2 mile(s) from Engineered Machined Prod., Engineered Machined Products is ISO/TS certified and is a leader in the design, manufacturing and assembly of advanced thermal and oil management components and systems. EMP’s advanced innovative technologies are designed to significantly improve engine cooling, increase fuel economy, reduce emissions and increase overall operating efficiencies. EMP offers state-of-the-art R&D capabilities and competes globally on precision machining, utilizing the latest in automation and advanced robotics.
- 5 mile(s) from OSF St. Francis Hospital, OSF St. Francis Hospital & Medical Group, a part of OSF HealthCare, located in Escanaba, Michigan, is a rural, sole community provider hospital and the only Catholic hospital in the Upper Peninsula. We provide care for more than 55,000 patients and their families throughout Delta County and surrounding communities.
- 4 mile(s) from Bay College, Bay College is Your Community College. The experienced faculty, staff and administrative team at Bay College are all committed to individual success and the growth of our served communities. Bay College is a great place to get an education, update your job skills & enrich your life! Bay strives to make a difference in your life; it is our greatest reward. We invite you to campus anytime to visit, explore areas of study, training, learning & enrichment opportunities. Just click, call or come by.
- 1.5 mile(s) from Bay College, is your Community College. The experienced faculty, staff and administrative team at Bay College are all committed to individual success and the growth of our served communities. Bay College is a great place to get an education, update your job skills and enrich your life! Bay strives to make a difference in your life; it is our greatest reward. We invite you to campus anytime to visit, explore areas of study, training, learning and enrichment opportunities.
- Fine dining on premises Try one of our fantastic menu selections prepared by our very own award winning Chef. Pacino's Food & Spirit's, a culinary oasis in the midwest!
- Pacinos Food & Spirits, on premises, full service, Steak House, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Pacinos Food & Spirits restaurant in Escanaba, Michigan serves Italian inspired cuisine, new American fare, and steakhouse cuts of beef prepared by our culinary staff of award winning chefs. We are located inside the Best Western Pioneer Inn & Suites. Customers waiting to be seated will enjoy a visit to Pacinos Pub to try a Michigan crafted specialty beer or a cocktail in our full service bar located in the lower level.
- Pacinos Pub, on premises, bar/lounge, American, open for: dinner, Pacinos Pub features Michigan crafted beers, specialty cocktails, pizza at the bar, and Pacinos Food & Spirits full dinner menu. DJ services play special events, jukebox and pool table are played in a relaxed atmosphere at Pacinos Pub located in the lower level of Pacinos Food & Spirits inside the Best Western Pioneer Inn & Suites.
BEST WESTERN Pioneer Inn & Suites
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Escanaba. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean