BEST WESTERN Pioneer Inn & Suites
2635 Ludington Street, Escanaba, MI 49829-1332
Phone: 906/786-0602 | Fax: 906/786-3938 | 84 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 1:00 PM | Online Reservations
Delta County is home to countless options for outdoor recreation, from the excitement of the Great Lakes to the endless hiking trails, all a short drive from our Escanaba hotel.
Lake Michigan is minutes away, but there is more to the neighborhood than water recreation alone. Enjoy Pacinos Food & Spirits, an Italian-inspired cuisine and steakhouse restaurant known for blending local flavor with innovative twists. Your Escanaba hotel is centrally located in Upper Michigan and features an indoor heated swimming pool along with spa and fireplace suites. Whether you come for the great dining or to tour Mackinac Island and Mackinac Bridge, staying in a gorgeous guest room can take the vacation up a notch.
Visit Tahquamenon Falls for an unparalleled view or head to the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore to instill some adventure or romance into the trip. The Sand Point Lighthouse is a must for any visitor, whether you are here for business with the Verso® Paper Company or in town for a wedding or other celebration. Employees of Engineered Machine Products and OSF® St. Francis Medical Center depend on our Escanaba hotel to be a home away from home for extended stays, and we specialize in treating each guest like family.
With the Bay De Noc Community College nearby, we welcome a number of academics to the property year-round. We offer a variety of room types and features to provide the perfect solution to a restful nights sleep for business travelers, tourists, sportsmen, families traveling with children and senior citizens. Whether you are here for a night or a few months, rest assured that with our luscious pillow top mattresses and spacious guest rooms, your time here will be comfortable and peaceful.
Our famous hospitality and staff members who double as local ambassadors make your stay at this Escanaba hotel special.
Book your room at the BEST WESTERN Pioneer Inn & Suites for a trip like no other!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Restaurant on-site Pacinos Food & Spirits restaurant serves Italian inspired cuisine, new American fare, and steakhouse cuts of beef and features a full cocktail bar. Pacinos Pub features Michigan crafted beers, specialty cocktails and pizza at the bar.
- Complimentary continental breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, eggs, yogurt, juice, coffee, and hot items.
- Cocktail lounge, Pacinos Food & Spirits restaurant serves Italian inspired cuisine, new American fare, and steakhouse cuts of beef and features a full cocktail bar. Pacinos Pub features Michigan crafted beers, specialty cocktails, and pizza at the bar.
- Complimentary breakfast
- Airport courtesy shuttle, available 24 hours, to the airport
- Indoor pool, heated, prepare to relax and unwind in our 30 foot long indoor heated swimming pool with depths up to 8 feet, great for a leisurely swim or doing laps.
- Free parking
- Meeting facilities
- Banquet facilities
- Photocopy services
- Parking for the physically challenged, mobility accessible signs
- Express check in, upon request
- Express check out, upon request
- Late check out, our property will provide a late checkout time as long as it is available and is requested by guest PRIOR to check-out date
- Children's activities, Indoor heated swimming pool
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless Internet access; Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Mail services, U.S.P.S.
- Interior corridor
- Cold weather hook-ups
- Ice/vending machines, first floor only
- Cable or satellite television, free cable TV and a brand new flat screen TV in every room.
- Pacino's Food & Spirit's dining room
- Pacino's Pub Lounge - located on lower level
BEST WESTERN Pioneer Inn & Suites
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western pioneer inn & suites in Escanaba.
BEST WESTERN Pioneer Inn & Suites
Conveniently located, the best western pioneer inn & suites in Escanaba, Michigan is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 45.74544 / Latitude: -87.08877
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The north Take Hwy M-35 south to Escanaba US 2 & 41 and Hwy M-35 IN downtown Escanaba, follow US 2 & 41 west to the BEST WESTERN Pioneer Inn & Suites.
From: The south Follow Highway M-35 north until you reach the intersection of Highway M-35 and US 2 & 41. Take a left onto US 2 & 41 West to the BEST WESTERN Pioneer Inn & Suites.
From: The west Follow US 2 & 41 east towards Escanaba to the BEST WESTERN Pioneer Inn & Suites.
BEST WESTERN Pioneer Inn & Suites
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Copper Mine at Keweenaw NHP
Established as a unit of the National Park Service in 1992, the Keweenaw National Historical Park preserves an extensive collection of heritage sites significant to the Keweenaw Peninsula in northern Michigan.
The park encompasses about 1,800 acres in total, starting from Copper Harbor and ending up near Rockland.
Many of the heritage sites center around the Keweenaw Peninsula’s copper mining history – featuring sites like Coppertown USA Museum, Copper Range Historical Museum, and more.
Visitors frequently make the trek from nearby Marquette and Escanaba to experience the history found in the 21 heritage sites.
Offering more than 130 degree programs throughout its five colleges and schools, Michigan Technological University enrolls over 7,000 students for undergraduate and postgraduate programs. The university is divided into five schools: the College of Engineering, the College of Science and Arts, the School of Business and Economics, the School of Forest Resources and Environmental Science, and the School of Technology.
Students attending the university can participate in many aspects of student life, including student organizations, Greek life, and athletics - Michigan Tech fights as the gold and black Huskies in varied sports like basketball, football, Nordic skiing and tennis.
Explore Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore
Encompassing over 40 miles of shoreline along Lake Superior, the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore preserves some of northern Michigan’s most dazzling scenery.
The lakeshore area gets its namesake from the towering, 200-foot sandstone cliffs – know for housing iconic sights like the Indian Head, Bridalveil Falls, and Miner’s Castle.
Apart from the awe-inspiring cliffs, landmarks like Twelvemile Beach, Musing Falls, Beaver Basin Wilderness, and others set the scene for endless outdoor adventure.
Visitors can gain some historical context by visiting the variety of maritime sites throughout the area, like Au Sable Light Station.
More Area Attractions & Services
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 9 mile(s) from Gladstone, Michigan There are 7.72 mi between Escanaba and Gladstone and there are 9.28 mi by road.
- 12 mile(s) from Bark River, Michigan There are 11.85 mi between Escanaba and Bark River and there are 12.11 mi by road.
- 14 mile(s) from Harris, Michigan There are 13.8 miles between Escanaba and the Island Resort & Casino and there are 14.6 mi by road.
- 53 mile(s) from Iron Mountain, Michigan There are 48.59 mi between Escanaba and Iron Mountain and there are 52.36 mi by road.
- 54 mile(s) from Fayette, Michigan There are 20.44 mi between Escanaba and Fayette Historic State Park and there are 53.92 mi by road.
- 54 mile(s) from Manistique, Michigan There are 42.08 mi between Escanaba and Manistique and there are 54.37 mi by road.
- 55 mile(s) from Menominee, Michigan There are 51.54 mi between Escanaba and Menominee and there are 54.85 mi by road.
- 63 mile(s) from Munising, Michigan There are 50.21 mi between Escanaba and Munising and there are 62.99 mi by road.
- 67 mile(s) from Marquette, Michigan There are 57.72 mi between Escanaba and Marquette and there are 67.01 mi by road.
- 111 mile(s) from Green Bay, Wisconsin There are 96.77 mi between Escanaba and Green Bay and there are 110.28 mi by road.
- 118 mile(s) from Mackinac Island, Michigan There are 117.81 mi between Escanaba and Mackinac Island.
- 137 mile(s) from Tahquamenon Falls, Michigan There are 103.89 mi between Escanaba and Tahquamenon Falls and there are 137.26 mi by road.
- 174 mile(s) from Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan There are 140.31 mi between Escanaba and Sault Ste. Marie and there are 173.99 mi by road.
- 160 mile(s) from Houghton, Michigan There are 119.17 mi between Escanaba and Houghton and there are 159.20 mi by road.
- 227 mile(s) from Milwaukee, Wisconsin There are 191.77 mi between Escanaba and Milwaukee and there are 227.02 mi by road.
- 317 mile(s) from Chicago, Illinois There are 268.97 mi between Escanaba and Chicago and there are 317.06 mi by road.
- 370 mile(s) from Minneapolis, Minnesota There are 305.91 mi between Escanaba and Minneapolis and there are 369.62 mi by road.
- 435 mile(s) from Detroit, Michigan There are 309.26 mi between Escanaba and Detroit and there are 435.09 mi by road.
- 5 mile(s) from Verso Paper Corporation, Verso Paper Corporation is a leading North American producer of coated papers, including coated groundwood and coated freesheet, and specialty products. Verso's paper products are used primarily in media and marketing applications, including magazines, catalogs and commercial printing applications such as high-end advertising brochures, annual reports and direct mail advertising.
- 2 mile(s) from Engineered Machined Prod., Engineered Machined Products is ISO/TS certified and is a leader in the design, manufacturing and assembly of advanced thermal and oil management components and systems. EMP’s advanced innovative technologies are designed to significantly improve engine cooling, increase fuel economy, reduce emissions and increase overall operating efficiencies. EMP offers state-of-the-art R&D capabilities and competes globally on precision machining, utilizing the latest in automation and advanced robotics.
- 5 mile(s) from OSF St. Francis Hospital, OSF St. Francis Hospital & Medical Group, a part of OSF HealthCare, located in Escanaba, Michigan, is a rural, sole community provider hospital and the only Catholic hospital in the Upper Peninsula. We provide care for more than 55,000 patients and their families throughout Delta County and surrounding communities.
- 4 mile(s) from Bay College, Bay College is Your Community College. The experienced faculty, staff and administrative team at Bay College are all committed to individual success and the growth of our served communities. Bay College is a great place to get an education, update your job skills & enrich your life! Bay strives to make a difference in your life; it is our greatest reward. We invite you to campus anytime to visit, explore areas of study, training, learning & enrichment opportunities. Just click, call or come by.
- 1.5 mile(s) from Bay College, is your Community College. The experienced faculty, staff and administrative team at Bay College are all committed to individual success and the growth of our served communities. Bay College is a great place to get an education, update your job skills and enrich your life! Bay strives to make a difference in your life; it is our greatest reward. We invite you to campus anytime to visit, explore areas of study, training, learning and enrichment opportunities.
BEST WESTERN Pioneer Inn & Suites
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Escanaba. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
2015 Downtown Alpena Fall Fest & Trunk or Treat
Local merchants and downtown boutiques will be offering plenty of treats while others will be handing out candy from their trunks in the parking lot behind Alpena City Hall. Put on your costume and enjoy Alpena, starting at 5:30 p.m.
7th Annual Ludington Holiday Craft Show
Get some holiday shopping done early this season at the Ludington Arts Center, featuring a collection art, antique, crafts, and collectibles vendors. The craft show begins at 10 a.m.
2015 New Year's Eve Weekend
The community of Saint Ignace celebrates the New Year iwth four days of fun, including a murder mystery, fireworks, pub crawl to Mackinac Island, and many other activities. Visit the town this New Year's Eve.
2015 Christmas in the Village
A fun-filled holiday festival held at the UP Fairgrounds in Escanaba, featuring hot chocolate and tasty treats, horse-drawn rides, a holiday market, and visits from Santa Claus. Festival times are TBA.
2015 Farmland 5K Run & Free For All Bike
A fun-filled outdoor event, featuring a 5K and 10-mile cylcing course. Experience bikers, children, and everyone in between are invited to join in the fun at Rasho Farm in Traverse City. There will also be after party festivities.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean