BEST WESTERN Four Seasons
305 Munson Avenue (US 31), Traverse City, MI 49686-3069
Phone: 231/946-8424 | Fax: 231/946-1971 | 50 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Nestled at the base of Old Mission Peninsula, between two lovely pristine bays of water, new extensive renovations completed by June 1, 2015, the BEST WESTERN Four Seasons puts you close to all the attractions and beauty of Traverse City.
With 7 different room styles to meet your traveling needs, all rooms are deluxe with a microwave, mini-refrigerator, 42-inch HD cable TV with HBO, wireless high-speed Internet, in-room coffee/tea maker, and hair dryer.
Our complimentary full hot breakfast is a great start to your morning. After a busy day of sight seeing, come relax in our 24-hour 11 foot deep indoor heated pool, deepest in the city.
Our extensive renovation will make your traveling needs easier with a new fitness center and guest laundry.
Subject to availability, our shuttle can help you experience some of the area's best restaurants, micro breweries, wineries and shopping.
Whether you are here to explore Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes National Lakeshore, visit numerous micro brews or wineries, our heroic hospitality, clean well-appointed rooms and friendly knowledgeable staff will make for a memorable stay in Traverse City!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Doctor on call, one half block to walk-in clinic
- Indoor pool, heated, 11-foot deep (deepest pool in the city)
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast, Scrambled eggs, sausage links or patties, biscuits and hot gravy, waffles, fresh fruit, yogurt, hot & cold cereal, Danish, muffins, English muffins, bagels and assorted breads
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check out
- Ice/vending machines
- Fax services
- Cable or satellite television, our 42-inch LCD TV's have over 70 high def cable channels and HBO® available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Mail services, Stamps Available at Front Desk
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Gift shop or newsstand, Traverse City Record Eagle
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Truck/RV parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Free wireless internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless internet access; Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Interior corridor
- Exercise facility, 24-Hour Fitness Center has treadmill, universal gym, stationary bike, and elliptical for our guests.
- Weight lifting
- Universal gym
- Stationary bike
- Elevator New for 2015
- Laundromat Coin operated and credit card washer and dryer on lower level
- Dry cleaning
- Late check out, for BW Rewards members
- Business center
- PC & printer available
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy machine
- Notary public
- Physically challenged services Luggage assistance upon request.
- Hearing impaired services
- Physically challenged facilities
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Airport car 0500-2300 limited, seven mile radius
- 24-hour coffee
- Evening snack from 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. at front desk.
BEST WESTERN Four Seasons
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western four seasons in Traverse City.
BEST WESTERN Four Seasons
Conveniently located, the best western four seasons in Traverse City, Michigan is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 44.762475 / Latitude: -85.584625
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: All directions. Located on US Highway 31, the BEST WESTERN Four Seasons is 1.25 miles east of downtown Traverse City, 0.4 mile(s) from East Bay and West Bay, 5.50 miles south of Acme Junction US Highway 31 and M72.
BEST WESTERN Four Seasons
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
A member of the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems, Cherry Capital Airport (TVC) is a public airpark located in south Traverse City. Serving the communities of northern Michigan, TVC supports major airlines such as American Eagle, Delta, and United.
Cherry Capital Airport is owned by owned by Grand Traverse County and Leelanau County in northern Michigan. TVC covers 1,026 acres, and consists of two runways and one terminal.
Opening up to the East Arm Grand Traverse Bay, the East Bay Beach Park is located in the northern Michigan community of Traverse.
Explore the Grand Traverse Lighthouse Museum
See a landmark Michigan attraction. The Grand Traverse Lighthouse Museum is located in Leelanau State Park near Northport on the tip of Leelanau Peninsula.
The Lighthouse has been guiding ships in Lake Michigan since 1852. Lighthouse tours are available from May through October. Stop by the gift store to browse the selection of clothing, gifts, books and souvenirs.
Can you imagine what is was like to be the lighthouse keeper? Well, you can experience it first-hand, as you stay in the former assistant's fully-equipped quarters, on the north side of the lighthouse for up to a week. Northern Michigan travelers can rest in comfort in Traverse City, 25 minutes south of Northport.
See the Frankfort Breakwater Lighthouse
Found along the northeastern coast of beautiful Lake Michigan, Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore preserves over 35 miles of tranquil shoreline – attracting roughly over one million visitors each year.
Weather permitting, exploring the plethora of beaches – including Platte Point, Peterson, and Esch Road beaches – has proven to be a popular pastime among visitors.
Other landmarks at Sleeping Bear Dunes include the U.S. Coast Guard Station Maritime Museum, Cannery Boathouse, the Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail, and more.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.10 mile(s) from Dennos Museum Center, seeks to engage, enlighten and entertain its audiences through the collection of art, and the presentation of exhibitions and programs in the visual arts, sciences and performing arts.
- .5 mile(s) from Howe Ice Arena, is a 25,000 square foot building. It is a multiple use facility within the Civic Center property, and is connected to Easling Pool. From March to September, the Arena is utilized as an exhibition hall, hosting a variety of expos and events.
- 1.50 mile(s) from National Cherry Festival, held July 4-11, 2015. The U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds will perform over West Grand Traverse Bay during the 2015 National Cherry Festival on July 4 and 5, 2015. It has been twenty–five years since the Thunderbirds last performed in Traverse City, during the 1990 Festival Air Show.
- 2 mile(s) from State Theatre, shows the best in new movies, plus enough special films that we end up showing an average of 365 different films each year on our single screen. Academy Award winner Michael Moore is our volunteer programmer, and he brings the best available movies to the State’s 50? screen with 16,000 watt state-of-the-art Dolby Digital sound. Plus, we have the most comfortable seats available anywhere — and they were made in Michigan! The State wants everyone to be able to attend the movies — our doors are open to everyone. We show films for kids on Saturday mornings at 10 a.m. and great classic films for seniors at 11 a.m. on Wednesdays, both for just 25 cents. We have the least expensive concessions around — you can get popcorn and soda for $2.00, candy for $3.00, and $1.00 candy during 25 cent shows.
- 2 mile(s) from Traverse City Tourism, our local convention and tourism bureau has been renamed to Traverse City Tourism and is a great resource for planning your vacation in our area.
- 2 mile(s) from City Opera House, is one of six historically intact Victorian Opera Houses in Michigan. The primary objective of the City Opera House, over the last 29 years, has been the restoration of this unique public environment. With its historic ambiance the theater offers to the northwest region of Michigan an exciting, one-of-a-kind venue for national, international, local and regional entertainment and arts opportunities, educational programming, and public and private celebrations.
- 2 mile(s) from Old Town Playhouse, was created in April 1960 to bring amateur theatre to northern Michigan. Located just three blocks from downtown Traverse City, the Old Town Playhouse season runs annually from September through May with a variety of productions. Performance areas include a 358-seat main stage auditorium and an 80-seat studio theatre. Seasonal attendance ranges from 20,000 - 23,000 patrons.
- 2.5 mile(s) from Pirates Cove Adventure, the Original Adventure Golf, offers an unequaled miniature golf experience! The adventures and legends of infamous pirates come to life in our award-winning theme park settings. Putt your way through caves, over footbridges, and under cascading waterfalls, all amidst a fun-filled atmosphere of natural wonders, extraordinary landscaping, and enchanting pirate lore. From a Zip Line to Rope Challenge, or jump into go-carts or bumper boats, it will always be a fun adventure!
- 4 mile(s) from The Village at Grand Traverse Commons, where one of the largest, historic preservation and adaptive reuse redevelopments in the country is underway. A beautiful solution to urban sprawl, The Village is the unique renovation of dozens of historic buildings formerly known as the Traverse City State Hospital, and previously, the Northern Michigan Asylum. The auspicious location of this 63-acre site, centered in one of the Midwest’s most desirable locations, underscores the unparalleled beauty of magnificent, century-old Victorian-Italianate architecture.
- 4 mile(s) from Great Lakes Children’s Museum, is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization with the demonstrated ability to create high-quality, hands-on, educational experiences for the youth and families of Northern Lower Michigan, as well as for the many visitors to our area.
- 4 mile(s) from Traverse Tall Ship Company, Tall Ship Manitou is a replica of an 1800’s coasting cargo schooner, similar to those that sailed the Great Lakes and the Atlantic Ocean. Specifically designed for passenger service, her hull was constructed in Portsmouth, New Hampshire in 1983 and finished by Vermont carpenters on Lake Champlain. With a 59 passenger capacity, there is plenty of space for sitting and moving around the decks while under sail. Her overall length of 114 feet, beam of 21 feet, and displacement of nearly 100 tons ensures a comfortable, relaxing motion, soothing to both landlubbers and old salts alike. Manitou offers a Noon Sail, Afternoon Moomers Ice Cream Sail, Evening Sail, and our popular “Floating Bed and Breakfast” Package. Each adventure is two hours in length. Manitou also offers multi-day Windjammer cruises in September. Specially catered meals are included on the Evening Sail.
- 4 mile(s) from Hickory Hills Ski Area, features eight runs with one beginner, five intermediate, and two advanced runs that are serviced by five rope tows. Night skiing is available on seven of the runs. Cross country skiers will find 4k of trails with a 1K trail lighted for night skiing. The Ski Patrol assists by promoting safe skiing and offering first aid services.
- 4 mile(s) from Mount Holiday Ski & Recreation Area, was formed in 1949 when a group of local businessmen obtained permission to construct a ski run on state owned land. The area was created using volunteers, prison labor, services and donations. In 1985, the area was purchased by Warren Brosch and his wife Sue. The Brosch’s added two chairlifts, a tube run and a terrain park. After Warren’s death in 1999, Sue Brosch placed the area up for sale. In response to the concern that the area would be sold and developed, a volunteer group formed Mt. Holiday, Inc., a nonprofit corporation to purchase the area. The group set a goal to raise $1.5 million to acquire the area, refurbish it and open to the public. The mission of Mt. Holiday is to provide four seasons of outdoor recreation, build strong minds and bodies in a safe, clean and healthy environment for people of all ages, with a continuing focus on disadvantaged youth.
- 7 mile(s) from Music House Museum, the Museum’s unique collection of instruments provides guests with a walk through the history, artistry and engineering of automated music. The collection spans from the late 18th century to 1950, going from simple music boxes to early recorded sound and radio. The hour and a half long, guided tour showcases the beauty of the craftsmanship, the history of the era and the complexity of the engineering of the collection as well as allowing guests to hear many of the rare instruments on display actually play.
- 9.4 mile(s) from Beach Bums Baseball, professional baseball team located just south of town at Wuerfel Park. Opening home game is May 22, 2015. Wuerfel Park is a 3,518-seat baseball-only stadium in Blair Township, Michigan, just six miles south of Traverse City.
- 9.5 mile(s) from Turtle Creek Casino, come experience a spacious slot floor layout of 1,300 of the latest slot games, ranging from penny slots all the way up to $100 denomination slots. You’ll find state-of-the-art reels, video, keno and video poker. An easy-to-use ticketing system combined with the convenience of handy redemption/change kiosks makes it quick and easy for you to cash out or get change quickly.
- 15 mile(s) from Golf Courses, our area is abundant with over 30 golf courses within 45 minutes, and eight of those are within 10 miles of the hotel. These courses are not only challenging, but offer some of the most picturesque beauty of our region.
- 16 mile(s) from Interlochen Center for the Arts, and Interlochen Music Camp is a privately owned, 1,200-acre arts education institution in Interlochen, Michigan.
- 18.5 mile(s) from Mission Point Lighthouse, has been a Traverse City and Old Mission Peninsula icon for decades. Located at the end of a picturesque drive along M-37 through cherry orchards and vineyards, Mission Point Lighthouse stands as a classic piece of Michigan history. While it no longer guides mariners through West Grand Traverse Bay as it did from September 10, 1870 until it was decommissioned in 1933, Mission Point Lighthouse now offers visitors a peek into what life was like around the turn of the century for lighthouse keepers and for others who lived and worked in the area at the time.
- 22 mile(s) from Leelanau Sands Casino, located a scenic 20 miles north of Traverse City on M-22 in Peshawbestown, Michigan, Leelanau Sands Casino is a short trip to a great time. This is the kind of place where you can check your cares, share a laugh with friends, and maybe even fill your pockets. Over 450 Slot Machines and a grand selection of table games including: Craps, Roulette, 3-Card Poker, Blackjack and the latest virtual table games. If that’s not enough, our Bingo Hall always has something going on.
- 25 mile(s) from Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes, was named the Most Beautiful Place in America on ABC's Good Morning America. The Philip A. Hart Visitor’s Center located about 22 miles west of Traverse City, on the edge of the Village of Empire, is an interesting and informative stop for new visitors to the park. The Visitor Center has a large relief map of Sleeping Bear Dunes, fascinating interpretive displays and an enjoyable movie along with brochures and maps. Collectively, they provide a wealth of information on the natural and human history of the area. Rangers and volunteers are available to answer your questions.
- 30.5 mile(s) from Grand Traverse Lighthouse, located inside the Leelanau State Park in Northern Michigan, The Grand Traverse Lighthouse has been guiding ships and sailors since it was built in 1858.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Downtown Traverse, Downtown Traverse City is home to a wide assortment of restaurants, many with a farm to table approach to dining; apparel and shoe stores, gift shops, book store, and many unique specialty stores.
- 5.50 mile(s) from Grand Traverse Mall, Grand Traverse Mall is an enclosed shopping mall serving Traverse City, Michigan, located in Garfield Township. Opened in 1992, the mall features four anchor stores: J.C. Penney, Target, TJ Maxx and Macy's.
- 2.5 mile(s) from Cherryland Center, This family-friendly shopping center features plenty of parking and offers shoppers a variety of major retailers such as Bath and Body Works, Younkers, Sears, Payless Shoes and K-mart. Grab a bite to eat and get your shopping done without the hassles of an oversized mall before you head out to the beautiful attractions surrounding the Traverse City area.
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 48 mile(s) from Grayling, Michigan
- 50 mile(s) from Charlevoix, Michigan
- 66 mile(s) from Manistee, Michigan
- 67 mile(s) from Petoskey, Michigan
- 106 mile(s) from Mackinac City, Michigan
- 107 mile(s) from Mt. Pleasant, Michigan
- 141 mile(s) from Grand Rapids, Michigan
- 148 mile(s) from Muskegon, Michigan
- 156 mile(s) from Saginaw, Michigan
- 177 mile(s) from Saulte Ste. Marie, Michigan
- 173 mile(s) from Lansing, Michigan
- 196 mile(s) from Flint, Michigan
- 257 mile(s) from Detroit, Michigan
- 322 mile(s) from Chicago, Illinois
- 0.1 mile(s) from Northwestern Michigan Col, Founded in 1951, Northwestern Michigan College, known as NMC to local residents, is a community college in Traverse City, Grand Traverse County, Michigan. Its annual enrollment is around 5,100 students and is nestled directly behind our hotel.
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 2.00 mile(s) from Nauticat, It is a large 40 passenger catamaran with daily summer and fall cruises.
- 2.50 mile(s) from Lucky Jacks Family Fun, Great entertainment center with bowling, laser tag, laser maze, bumper car and large assortment of arcade games.
- 3.00 mile(s) from The River, For all your people powered adventures.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Traverse Tall Ship Co.®, The Manitou is a 114 foot 59 passenger two masted schooner offering cruises every day of the week along with weekly specialty cruises during the warmer months.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Third Coast Yacht Charter, Offers a variety of private cruises and tour packages for up to seven people.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Showtime Charters, Offers up to six fishermen private trips on Grand Traverse Bay and Lake Michigan.
- 6.25 mile(s) from TBAYS Soccer Fields, It is located just south of Traverse City and home to many tournaments throughout the warmer months.
- 8.00 mile(s) from Blue Sky Rentals, Has a variety of watercraft and snowmobile rentals available.
- 9.00 mile(s) from Turtle Creek Casino, Try your luck at one of two casino's in our area.
- 10 mile(s) from Timberlee Hills Area, Offers snow tubing with tow ropes and a restaurant.
- 11 mile(s) from Incredible Mo's, Offers laser tag, arcade games, and bowling.
- 12 mile(s) from Paddle Away, Guided kayak tours in Traverse City.
- 20 mile(s) from Leelanau Sands Casino, Variety of entertainment and casino.
- 26 mile(s) from Sleeping Bear Surf & Kayak, Sleeping Bear Surf & Kayak rents fat bikes, kayak and paddle boards.
- 35 mile(s) from Riverside Canoe Trips, The Platte River is a slow, sandy river great for a fun day tubing, canoeing or kayaking, all starting at Riverside Canoe Trips.
- 0.30 mile(s) from The Cottage, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Comfort American food served for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- 0.40 mile(s) from Omelette Shoppe, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, Everyday our bakers prepare fresh baked gourmet breads and rolls, including our famous homemade pecan rolls and cinnamon rolls. Not in the mood for baked goods? Try one of our 14 fluffy omelettes or our skillfully crafted skillets.
- 0.70 mile(s) from Schelde's Grille & Spirit, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, American comfort food served for breakfast, lunch and dinner in a casual setting. Has a bar on the back side of the restaurant.
- 1.40 mile(s) from Agave Mexican Grill, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner, Authentic Mexican dishes prepared for lunch and dinner.
- 1.70 mile(s) from Amical, full service, French, open for: lunch, dinner, Acclaimed space for European and French fare offers seasonal & themed menus amid bright, bistro-style decor. Serves brunch, lunch and dinner with menu changing throughout the season.
- 1.70 mile(s) from Georgina's, full service, Chinese, open for: lunch, dinner, Georgina's is an authentic Asian and Latin taqueria in downtown Traverse City.
- 1.70 mile(s) from Red Ginger, full service, Pacific Rim, open for: dinner, Upscale, chef-owned spot offers small plates of light Pan-Asian cuisine & signature cocktails. Dinner only.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Firefly, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Eclectic eatery featuring small, shareable plates including creative sushi & fondue for lunch and dinner patrons plus happy hour.
- 2.20 mile(s) from Harvest, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, We are committed to the eat local movement in Traverse City, and seasonal foods from local farms and businesses in northern Michigan supply the ingredients for our offerings. Serves lunch and dinner.
- 2.20 mile(s) from North Peak Brewing Company, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Hearty pub fare & house-brewed beers served in an 1899 building that once housed a candy factory. Serves lunch and dinner.
- 2.20 mile(s) from Red Mesa, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner, Small chain eatery known for filling Latin American meals served in a festive ambiance. Serves lunch and dinner.
- 2.25 mile(s) from Modes Bum Steer, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Steak, seafood, and ribs served for lunch and dinner.
- 2.30 mile(s) from Grand Traverse Pie Co, coffee shop, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Local chain outlet featuring more than 40 types of fresh-made sweet & savory pies & other eats.
- 2.60 mile(s) from Copper Falls Steakhouse, full service, Steak House, open for: lunch, dinner, Their lunch and dinner menus include scratch-made selections prepared by their highly trained culinary team. Executive Chef Tom Kelly and his team use a farm to table approach, highlighting ingredients from local growers and purveyors from all over northern Michigan.
- 2.70 mile(s) from Sleder's Family Tavern, pub, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Legendary saloon features pub grub & cocktails in a rustic, old-fashioned interior with taxidermy. Serves lunch and dinner.
- 3.20 mile(s) from Harringtons, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Seafood & steaks in an airy, rustic venue with nautical decor, a stone fireplace & a bay view. Serves lunch and dinner.
- 3.50 mile(s) from Apache Trout Grill, full service, Seafood, open for: lunch, dinner, Known for seafood & ribs. This cozy spot offers a chic hunting lodge feel & bayside patio dining. Serves lunch and dinner.
- 3.90 mile(s) from Trattoria Stella, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, Italian fare with a farm-to-table philosophy plus a curated wine list in old-world environs. Serves lunch and dinner.
- 5.20 mile(s) from Outback Steakhouse®, full service, Steak House, open for: lunch, dinner, Boisterous Australian-themed chain serving steaks, seafood & other hearty steakhouse fare. Serves lunch and dinner.
- 8.30 mile(s) from Moomers Ice Cream, ice cream/dessert, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Here at Moomers, we offer a wide selection of ice cream treats with Moomers Homemade Premium Ice Cream. In our kitchen we make over 120 different flavors, with over 20 available daily.
BEST WESTERN Four Seasons
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Traverse City. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
2015 Hopps of Beer & Wine Festival
Over 50 award-winning micro brews and 40 carefully selected regional wines will be available for two days during this annual city, hosted at Macinaw Crossings in Mackinaw City. The event begins at 5 p.m.
2015 Taste of Harbor Springs
An annual fall festival held in Harbor Springs, this event will feature the best culinary creations and beverage retailers Harbor Springs has to offer. The event begins at 12 p.m. at the Harbor Springs waterfront.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean