Best Western Beacon Inn
1525 S Beacon Boulevard, Grand Haven, MI 49417-2612
Phone: 616-842-4720 | Fax: 616/847-7821 | 104 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 4:00 PM | Online Reservations
As TripAdvisor’s #1 voted hotel in the Grand Haven area, the Best Western Beacon Inn is definitely the perfect destination spot for you! We’re the closest Grand Haven hotel to major attractions at just over a mile from the Grand Haven State Park, Lighthouse and Downtown area. Come enjoy the beautiful award winning beaches, the world’s largest musical fountain, the many nature trails and bike paths, and Grand Haven’s unique restaurants, shops and bars.
The Best Western Beacon Inn has the largest rooms and beds in our area with either one King bed or two Queen beds per room! All of our rooms have 40-inch flat screen HD smart TVs, free Wi-Fi, iron, hairdryer and coffee. Our complimentary full hot breakfast is served daily from 6am until 9:30am and includes build your own breakfast sandwiches with meat and eggs, yogurt, cereal, pastries, make your own waffles or pancakes, fresh fruit, 100% Arabica coffee, juice and much more!
Come enjoy a swim in our indoor heated pool or a relaxing soak in our hot tub open from 8am until 10pm for everyone and from 10pm until 11pm for adults only! Our fitness center is optimized for a healthy workout and is open from 6am until 10pm daily.
Our unique property setup allows for some interior access rooms and some exterior access rooms. Come enjoy a King Whirlpool or Two Queen room with exterior access which allows you to park in front of your door and allows for more privacy. Or, if you prefer to be in the same building as the indoor heated pool, breakfast and fitness center, enjoy an Executive King or a room with two Queen beds with interior access. If you’re in town for business, consider one of our Business King Suites. Its extra space in the room allows for a comfortable environment for conducting any business you need to complete. With free faxes, copies and internet access, you’ll find the Best Western Beacon Inn the perfect hotel for your business trip.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt, juice, and coffee.
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Indoor pool Heated Come enjoy a swim in our large pool! Our heated indoor pool is located in our main building. Towels are provided.
- Complimentary breakfast
- Sunbathing - Sundeck
- Ice/vending machines
- Truck/RV parking
- Meeting facilities
- Photocopy services
- Fax services
- Hot tub Come enjoy a relaxing soak in our luxurious hot tub! It is located in the main building with the pool. Towels are provided.
- Exercise facility, open from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Weight lifting machine
- Stationary bike
- Inter/Exter corridor
- Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Bus and boat parking
- Free high-speed wireless Internet access
- Largest rooms in town
- Coffee and tea available 24-hours
- Vending machines on-site
Best Western Beacon Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western beacon inn in Grand Haven.
Best Western Beacon Inn
Conveniently located, the best western beacon inn in Grand Haven, Michigan is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 43.047315 / Latitude: -86.221335
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: North The Best Western Beacon Inn is located on US Highway 31 between Taylor St. and Robbins Rd. We are about one mile South of the Grand Haven draw bridge on the West side of the road.
From: South The Best Western Beacon Inn is located on US Highway 31 between Robbins Rd. and Taylor St. We are about 1/4 mile North of Meijer and Walmart on the West side of the highway. You will need to pass the hotel and do a Michigan turn-around to get into our parking lot.
From: West From I-96 take the Spring Lake/Grand Haven exit. The exit is on the left side of the highway. It is Exit 9 and will merge you on to M-104 West. After about 7 miles, stay in the left hand lane to merge onto US Highway 31 South. We are about one mile past that on the West side of the road.
From: Downtown Grand Haven Take Washington St. East to US Highway 31. Turn right to head South. We are about one mile south of Washington St. on the West side of the highway.
Best Western Beacon Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Spanning 48 acres, Grand Haven State Park is located on the eastern shore of Lake Michigan and southern bank of Grand River in the city of Grand Haven. One of many stunning state parks in Michigan, Grand Haven State Park offers swimming, hiking, and picnicking.
Enjoy fishing, photography, and sunset views from the Grand Haven Pier and Grand Haven Lighthouse.
The sandy shoreline of Grand Haven State Park plays host to several events throughout the year. Check out the Memorial Day Bike Parade and the following Labor Day Bike Parade, and the famed Great Lakes Kite Festival. This is also a great spot to view fireworks from the Grand Haven Coast Guard Festival.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 1.50 mile(s) from Grand Haven State Park, 48-acre park with the beautiful sandy shore of Lake Michigan along the west side of the park and the Grand River along the north side of the park. The park consists entirely of beach sand and provides scenic views of Lake Michigan and the Grand Haven pier and lighthouse. A popular destination located on Lake Michigan’s sandy shores. Activities include camping, fishing, sunbathing, volleyball, picnics and swimming. Michigan Resident Recreation Passport required; $11 annually with license plate renewal. Non-resident recreational passports: $31 annual, $9 daily.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Grand Haven Beaches, 48-acre park with the beautiful sandy shore of Lake Michigan along the west side of the park and the Grand River along the north side of the park. The park consists entirely of beach sand and provides scenic views of Lake Michigan and the Grand Haven pier and lighthouse. A popular destination located on Lake Michigan’s sandy shores. Activities include camping, fishing, sunbathing, volleyball, picnics and swimming. Michigan Resident Recreation Passport required; $11 annually with license plate renewal. Non-resident recreational passports: $31 annual, $9 daily.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Boardwalk, a three mile round trip and runs along the harbor, which is lined with shops, restaurants, marinas and charter fishing boats. While it’s a great place for a brisk walk, there are plenty of grassy knolls and benches for idlers who prefer people and boat watching. The boardwalk continues along the Grand River and travels out to Lake Michigan, where you can walk the pier, and take photos of the lighthouse.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Tri-Cities Historical Museum, a unique mix of culture and history awaits you. Whether you have a day or an hour, whether you’re a local resident or an out-of-town visitor, a trip to the museum is sure to fascinate and entertain you. The museum is made up of two separate sites, both located in Grand Haven’s beautiful and historic downtown. Admission is always free at both sites!
- 1.50 mile(s) from World's Largest Musical Fountain, is a synchronized water and light show accompanied with music of all varieties. Each 25-minute show features a variety of well-known music and plays daily at dusk from Memorial Day through Labor Day as well as Fridays and Saturdays in May and September.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Lighthouse Connector Park, commonly referred to as “The Boardwalk” is actually officially named “Lighthouse Connector Park”. It extends 1.5 miles from Chinook Pier to the foghorn house at the end of the South Pier. Completed in 1984 during Grand Haven’s Sesquicentennial, this park is enjoyed by thousands of Grand Haven residents and thousands more vacationers throughout the year.
- 25.00 mile(s) from Michigan Adventure Amusement, nothing beats family togetherness and nothing brings family closer than Michigan's Adventure – Michigan's largest amusement and water park, offers two parks for a very economical price. Michigan's Adventure features over 60 rides and attractions including their world-class wooden roller coaster, Shivering Timbers, which is over one mile long and 125 feet tall. Experience other great roller coasters, thrill rides, kiddie rides and their water park, WildWater Adventure, featuring action-packed water rides. All of which will bring family and friends together again – Michigan's Adventure. Thrills connect.
- 6.00 mile(s) from PJ Hoffmaster State Park, features over three miles of Lake Michigan shoreline, towering Lake Michigan dunes, and the Gillette Visitor Center. Miles of hiking and skiing trails offer stunning views of Lake Michigan and subtle beauty at every turn.
- 6.00 mile(s) from Craig's Cruisers Family Fun, racer-themed activity zone with bumper boats, go-karts, mini-golf, batting cages & other games.
- 17.00 mile(s) from Muskegon Car Ferry, Lake Express High Speed Ferry began service in 2004, linking the states of Wisconsin and Michigan with terminals in Milwaukee and Muskegon. The trip across Lake Michigan takes only two-and-a-half hours, saving travelers the time and hassle of driving through Chicago. We offer two round trips a day, with a third round trip during the summer months, making the trip convenient for our passengers. Book online, over the phone, or in one of our terminals.
- 70.00 mile(s) from Ludington Car Ferry, The S.S. Badger offers the largest cross-lake passenger service on the Great Lakes and an authentic steamship experience. The relaxing four-hour, 60-mile cruise takes passengers, autos, RVs, tour buses, motorcycles, bicycles, and commercial trucks across Lake Michigan between Ludington, Michigan and Manitowoc, Wisconsin.
- 23.00 mile(s) from Dutch Village in Holland, Theme park celebrating the Netherlands with a wooden shoe factory, cheese-making & a petting zoo.
- 20.00 mile(s) from Coopersville & Marne Railway, the Coopersville & Marne Railway is an all-volunteer historic railway operating vintage locomotives and circa-1920's cars from Coopersville, Mich. to Marne, Mich. (about 20 miles northwest of Grand Rapids, Mich.). It runs passenger trains from spring to winter, rain or shine, to preserve a little chunk of railroad history and educate passengers along the way.
- 1.5 mile(s) from Fortino's, old-world Italian gourmet grocery shopping experience, candies, coffees, cheese, wine, liquor, chocolates, breads, fresh roasted peanuts, ethnic foods, lotto.
- 1.5 mile(s) from MACKite, from Playmobil® to semi-automatic rubber band guns, MACkite has toys and games for children of all ages, and adults that are still kids at heart. There is also has a full stock of dual line (Prism) and quad line (Revolution) stunt kites that are designed for a beginner to an advanced flier. If you are looking for boogie boards, flip flops, beach toys, or a big umbrella you’ve found the right place. MACkite is Grand Haven’s source for quality beach gear for your summer time fun!
- 1 mile(s) from Sweet Temptations, has been serving homemade treats for more than a decade. Our small family business takes pride in combining fine ingredients, delicate craftsmanship and a high level of quality into each and every homemade treat. We guarantee that you will find instant gratification in the delightful tastes that each treat brings to your mouth.
- 1.5 mile(s) from Down To Earth, an eclectic collection of clothing, gifts, & home decor, jewelry and clothing. Visit Down To Earth and enjoy a wonderful place for fashion and special attention for your fashion style. Become a frequent shopper and receive a special gift return on your purchases. Special Services: Ask about after hour gatherings for groups or party, and by request after hour appointment.
- 1.5 mile(s) from Calico Cat, is a family owned and run business, they enjoy helping define the character of your home. They carry transitional, beach and cottage decor. Stop in and have a fun visit or browse the website.
- 1.5 mile(s) from Blueberry Haven, Tiffany Balk came up with the idea while driving home from a vacation in Canada. She wanted to send someone a gift and wondered what it should be. Why not send a gift of Michigan cherries, her husband suggested. Balk thought to herself, “Why not blueberries?” After all, southwest Michigan produces 44 percent of the blueberries on the U.S. market. A single idea led to a delicious line of products, and something that reminds every one of their West Michigan visit.
- 1.5 mile(s) from Popcorn Paradise, family owned and operated. All of our popcorn is grown right here in Michigan! We have all of our flavors and tins listed on our new site. We would love for you to take a few minutes and check it out. We are still working on the site so if something is missing it won’t be long! If you would like to place an order just go to our contact page and call our store. A member of our staff will be more than happy to help you!
- 1 mile(s) from The Bookman, is your locally owned, full service bookstore. We offer over 10,000 new books and thousands of used paperbacks. We stock a great selection of magazines newspapers and greeting cards.
- 1 mile(s) from Earth's Edge, offers clothing for men, women, and children ranging from technical outerwear to casual sportswear and travel wear. We also have a full selection for dogs...we can’t forget about our best friends! Our staff all have years of outdoor experience. Each person brings an expertise in different areas of outdoor adventure. Our love for the outdoors combined with long hours and years of retail experience offers you the opportunity to get great gear and great service from Earth’s Edge.
- 8 mile(s) from The Lakes Mall, is an enclosed shopping mall serving the city of Norton Shores, Michigan. Opened in 2001, the mall features more than sixty retailers, plus a food court, in 645,677 square feet of gross leasable area.
- 1.5 mile(s) from 22 Below, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.50 mile(s) from Porto Bello, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.50 mile(s) from Kirby Grill, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Morning Star Cafe, cafe, American, open for: breakfast, lunch
- 1.50 mile(s) from Snug Harbor, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from JW'S Food & Spirits, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Don Luis, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner
Best Western Beacon Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Grand Haven. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
The city of Grand Haven braves the winter cold each and every year for WinterFest – a week-long celebration held through the city featuring festival fun and games both indoors and out. More details are TBA as the date approaches.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean