Michigan Hotel Reservations
Bagley Memorial Fountain
Downtown Detroit is home to the only piece of work designed by Henry Hobson Richardson, left in the Detroit area. The Bagley Memorial Fountain was built in 1885 to honor John J. Bagley, Governor of Michigan from 1873 to 1877. The Bragville granite 21-foot high fountain was constructed with money that Bagley left in his will.
The fountain originally featured four lion heads at the center, with two of them distributing cold water and two distributing room temperature water.
The fountain's original location was at the corner of Fort Street and Woodward Avenue, in downtown Detroit. It was moved in 1926 to Campus Maritus and disassembled in 2000 and put in storage. Finally in 2007, the fountain was assembled in its current location in Cadillac Square. Travel in from Allen Park to see the fountain.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean